A FEW SIMPLE GUIDELINES –
• If a book makes a sound or has pop-ups, it must work;
• If a book has parts, it must be complete;
• Please NO adult books (except parenting books)
• Please NO magazines, textbooks, encyclopedia, coloring books or workbooks.
• Please NO library or classroom discards
We are now fully operating out of three separate 10×10 storage units in Atlantic Highlands and Red Bank. As far as donations, we continue to operate on a week-by-week basis as there is only so much room in these units! When space is available, we will post drop hours on our Facebook and Instagram pages. Please check these pages accordingly. If you do not have social media, please email us here. We really do want your books – it just may take us some time to make room for them!
If you would like a receipt or need to make alternative arrangements for dropping off books, please email us and/or firmly attach your contact information to your donation. Please note that it is up to you to count and value your donation for tax purposes.
Book drives are a great way to introduce children of all ages to philanthropy. They make great service projects as well as projects for youth groups and scout troops. It is also a great corporate project for adults. Whether child or adult, a book drive is a great way to get involved in helping New Jersey’s underserved children.
BOOK DRIVE BASICS
Follow these simple steps to launch a successful book drive: Plan
* Contact us to let us know you are planning a book drive
* Get the word out! We recommend 1-2 weeks of advertising
* Click here for a sample email and sample flyer with our standards that you can use
* Choose one or more drop off locations: Start your book collection
* Make sure your collection boxes are large enough and visible
* Include a start and finish date for collecting
* Advertise our standards
SORT AND DELIVER
* Count the books and sort by age group: pre-school, elementary, middle school and high school.
* Box religious and holiday books for all ages separately.
* Contact us to arrange drop off of books.
* Your efforts will make a positive impact New Jersey’s underserved children for years to come!
The concept is simple:
• Add a “Books for Birthdays” notice to your party invite. Click here to download a version that you can customize.
• Invite your guests to bring a book to the party to be donated to Bridge of Books Foundation. Your child may even want to request books that are consistent with the theme of the party. (For example, a book about princesses or pirates).
• Your child can experience the joy of receiving the books and the joy of giving them to other children.
• We will send a special thank you to the birthday boy or girl.